You can have Picasso design your next mailer for you. You can even mail every single home in a 20 mile radius of your church. However, if you mailer is lacking some key elements it will be doomed to fail.
Below is a list of 23 “Success Elements” that every church should make certain they have in any mailer/advertising promotion they do.
1. Are we promoting a series/event with a broad appeal and interest?
2. Are we listing out the Series titles with the dates?
3. Is there a strong headline which describes the event/series? i.e. The Purpose Driven Life
4. Is there a sub-headline which describes action steps? i.e. ..discover your purpose in 40 days.
5. Are the benefits which come from attending detailed? i.e. …discover your purpose in 40 days.
6. Are the photo’s visually appealing and reflective of current church members?
7. Do your photos visually reflect the positive, desired result?
8. Are we using the Pastor’s photo, and is it good quality?
9. Is the ad copy reader oriented? No We’s or Us’s?
10. Are we using direct response words like, You, New, Proven, Breakthrough, Special, Guaranteed, Discover, Introducing, Miracle, Forever, How To, Easy, At Last, Free, Secrets.
11. Is there a personal call to action or invitation?
12. Does the copy tell the reader “what’s in it for me”?
13. Do we describe church programs and worship style from the reader’s viewpoint?
14. Do we describe programs/services available for kids?
15. Is there a specific date or event time?
16. Church address
17. Church mailing indicia
18. Church phone Number
19. Church web site
20. Worship services and times
21. Are the fonts easy to read?
22. Church name and logo
23. Prayer – You should pray for your cards to be received by the public and have the Holy Spirit work in their lives.